Every year, as a Chicago family photographer, I get to host our annual Holiday Santa Photos in the studio..and can I just say, I love them!? It’s such a magical time for my families to enjoy the season together and capture some fun memories. Priceless.
I wanted to make a post about the sessions to answer some Frequently Asked Questions I get!
I’ve gotchu! Most parents ask if their kids should be in pajamas or dressed nicely (since both go well with the Santa theme!) But, I can honestly tell you it’s 50/50. It’s up to you what look you want in your images. But here are some shopping suggestions for either outfit!
– Hannah Anderson (here are some of my favs: Green Romper / Christmas Romper)
– Burts Bees Pajamas (keep in mind they run small! Here’s one I really like!)
– Gap Pajamas (here’s a neutral set I love!)
– Amazon (and they also have great neutral options, like this one)
If you prefer to have your kiddos dressed up for Holiday Santa Photos, here are some options for that!
– Zara Kids (always a fav! Their boys & girls selections are great)
– Target (always a staple. Loving this Grayson line!)
– H&M (they have classic neutral staples)
– Jamie Kay (small business, which I love)
Sometimes kiddos get a little overwhelmed, and there can be tears. That is very normal! And as a Chicago family photographer, I have years of experience helping them navigate the situation & calm down to enjoy the time with Santa. But if they are really upset, I always tell my parents that we can create some cute Christmas cards, even with crying photos! Here are three card ideas for crying Santa photos:
These are SO cute. And can relieve the pressure to get a perfectly posed, smiling photo. Whatever happens is okay!! And we will make some adorable photos, no matter what.
My annual Holiday Photos with Santa typically take place around October-November, and usually sell out quickly! They are a family-favorite, and I have many clients who come back year after year to document their child “growing up with Santa”.
The *best* way to be informed when new Santa sessions drop, is to be on my email list! The links go out there, and most of the time the sessions sell out before I ever share on my Instagram.
Sign up for my email list to be the first to know about Holiday Santa Photos here: