what is boutique school photography?
I want to shake up our school portrait experience and parent expectations. My service is custom, personal, and professional. Unlike large corporate photography operations, I only work with a select number of schools to be able to provide higher quality customer service and artistic images.
I never force smiles and I want these photographs to convey your child's unique character. This involves no awkward poses, just your child's authentic self on that day. The resulting portrait is more candid and genuine, nothing like the old-school cheesy pose + busy, artificial backgrounds that are so distracting. I provide a light and fun experience, and I take pride in my reputation for naturally connecting with children.
what services do you offer?
Conveniently, I am a completely online operation. Families are linked to a password-protected online ordering gallery. Galleries are set up to grade, age, or whatever grouping makes sense for each individual school. Each child will be provided with 2-5 images, in both color and black and white. The family may choose the images they want, as opposed to traditionally having their image being chosen for them. I also provide boutique product choices such as canvas gallery wraps and high-resolution digital images for future printing and archiving. A detailed PDF describing all ordering procedures and shooting day preparation will be provided to the school to be distributed to families prior to photo day.
- Prints can be shipped DIRECTLY to families; no more photo ordering slips getting lost in cubbies + no more wasted paper
- A-la-carte ordering is convenient for parents to specifically order what they want. Custom packages can be designed for each school upon request.
- I provide all equipment and personnel needed for photo day.
- I provide the school with all high resolution digital files to use for yearbooks, website, school IDs, or however the school wishes to use the images.
- I handle any questions from parents and families about ordering and products.
- I take staff photos and provide a complimentary print package for staff members as well.
- I am willing to work with schools to provide custom services that fit your unique needs.
are these images expensive?
I have competitive rates and nothing is due up front. All profit is made from ordering, however there is no obligation to order. I offer a variety of collections and a-la-carte products to fit everyone's needs. I also donate 10% of my gross sales to the schools that I photograph!
How do parents pay you?
Our entire system is hosted online. Proofs are released for viewing through an online gallery link, and all orders and payments are processed online. The school does not have to worry about printed proofs, order forms, or handling/processing money. Our online system takes care of everything.
How long does the whole process take?
After we shoot the pictures, it will take approximately 3 weeks before proofs are released to the parents. The order deadline will be listed for one week after proof release. Once all orders are in, products will begin to ship 2-4 weeks later.
How many options do parents get?
We offer several different print, digital, and sibling packages. We also offer a-la-carte prints, mounted prints, and canvases. Parents can select anything they want, with no obligation to order.
what time of year do you conduct these modern school photo shoots?
I work with each individual school to schedule school shoots any time during the academic year.